APGENCO has announced recruitment for the posts of Junior Plant Attendants in power generation stations in Andhra Pradesh. Apgenco conducts written exam for the selection of candidates for these jobs. Details of Syllabus for the written test also given below. Selection will be based on a multi stage weightage process consisting of qualification and experience. Total marks are 100. These are distributed as per the details below:
1. 30 marks for qualifying examination of ITI
2. Upto 10 marks for passing of qualifyign examination of ITI upto the date of notification at 2 marks for each completed year of passing.
3. Service weightage for contract labour worked in Power Generating Stations of APGENCO: 10 marks for service morethan 6 months and 5 months for less than 6 months.
4. 25 marks for written Examination: The written test contains of 25 marks from 50 multiple choice questions and each question carrying half (1/2) mark on Power Plant Related Topics of Thermal/ Hydel Generating Stations. (candidates will be short listed for written test in the ratio of 1:20 based on the weightage in 1, 2, 3 points.
5. 25 marks for Trade Test: Based on the merit in 1, 2, 3, 4 weightages, candidates will be called for trade test in the ratio of 1:3.
There will be no interview. Syllabus for the written test and trade test, local, non local divisions and other terms available on the APGENCO website. Previous / Model question papers of APGENCO - Junior Plant Attendants Written test will be made available soon on this blog.
Syllabus for Written Test of JPA Exam of APGENCO:
1. Thermal Power Stations:
Basic Details: Layout and Equipment (a) Boiler : Economiser - Super Heater, Air Pre-Heater Mills, PA Fan, FD Fan, ID Fan - Chimney. (b) Turbine: Condenser, FW Heaters, (c) Water Treatment (d) Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) (e) Coal Plant
(f) Ash Plant
1. Hydel Power Stations:
Basic Details: 1. Layout and Equipment:
(a) Trash rack (b) Surge tank (c) Pen Stock (d) Turbine
(e) Generator (f) Transformer (g) Switch Yard
2. Symbols of various tools and tackles and their use.
3. Safety, fire prevention and house keeping procedures.
4. Precautions to be exercised while attending the following works: (a) Welding (b) Grinding (c) Cutting (d) Filling (e) Electrician job work (f) Turning etc.
APGENCO - JPA Recruitment Notification 2011 - Online Application Procedure