Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) across the country have released notifications for the recruitment of Trackmen, Gate Keeper, Helper, Safaiwala, Peon, Hamal, Kalasi, Porter and other Group-D posts. Pay Scale for all the posts is Rs. 5200- 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs. 1800. Starting salary including all the allowances will be around Rs. 12000. This is an excellent opportunity for 10th / SSC Passed and ITI candidates. Following are details of vacancies in various Railway zones and last dates for applications:
Following are Zonal wise details of Vacancies:
1. South Central Railway (Secunderabad): 8730 posts; Last date for receipt of applications: 14th February, 2011; Website: www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in
2. East Coast Railway (Bhubaneswar): 2817 posts; Last date for receipt of applications: 17th February 2011; Website: www.rrcbbs.org.in
3. South East Central Railway (Bilaspur): 5798 posts; Last date for receipt of applications: 14th February 2011; Website: www.secr.indianrailways.gov.in
4. Central Railway (Mumbai): 2022 posts; Last date for receipt of filled in forms: 15th February 2011; Website: cr.indianrailways.gov.in
5. Eastern Railway (Kolkata): 9638 posts; Last date for receipt of applications: 25th February 2011; Website: www.rrcer.com
6. North Western Railway (Jaipur): 5020 posts; Last date: 15th February 2011; Website: 220.127.116.11/nwr/new/rail.pdf
7. Northern Railway (Delhi): 11439 posts; Ladt date for applications: 16th February 2011; Website: www.nr.indianrailways.gov.in
8. North Eastern Railway (Gorakhpur): 4708 posts; Last date for applications: 12th February 2011; Website: www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should have passed in 10th Class/ SSC OR ITI for some posts. Age must be between 18-33 years. Relaxations apply for SC, ST and OBC candidates.
All RRBs follow similar selection procedure. Selection will be based on written examination, Physical test and medical test. Physical Test consist of running competition of 1.5 Kms to be completed in 6 minutes (For men). Women candidates have to qualify in running race of 400 meters in 3 minutes. Those qualified in Physical test will be short listed for Written exam.
Written Examination: This is the crucial phase of selection process. Question paper will be in 10th class standard and all the questions will be in objective multiple choice pattern. Questions will be from the topics of General Knowledge, General Awareness, Mathematics, Reasoning. There will be negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong answer. Question paper will be given in English, Hindi along with some regional languages. South Central and East Coast Railway zones papers will be given in Telugu language also.
Applications are available at websites of concerned Railway zones given above. You can also obtain application from any book stall or can make on your own in the prescribed format given in Employment News or websites. Applications should be enclosed with a DD / PO for Rs. 40 drawn in favour of concerned Railway Zone and copies of certificates of education, caste etc. Last dates for receipt of application for various zones is mentioned above. You can also check concerned website for previous / old/ model question papers of the written examination. Wish you all the best!