Eligibility and Qualifications: The applications must have secured the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination as prescribed by the concerned recruiting agency for which free coaching is implemented. Only SC and OBC students with total family income of up to Rs. 2 lakh per annum will be eligible under the scheme.
Complete expenditure under this scheme will be borne by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India. The coaching will be offered for the following examinations:
1. Group A and B examinations of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
2. Group A and B Exams of Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
3. Group A and B Exams conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) and the State Public Service Commissions.
4. Officers' Grade examinations conducted by Banks, Insurance Companies and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)
5. Finishing / job oriented courses offered in the private sector like IT, Bio-technology.
The free coaching scheme will be implemented through the reputed coaching institutions / centers run by the State / UT Governments, all kinds including the Deemed Universities in the private sector and also by private sector organizations. Selection of the candidates will be based on the merit only. Selected candidates will get a stipend of Rs. 750 per month for local students and Rs.1500 per month for outstation students. Admission ratio for SC and OBC students will be 70:30.
Interested candidates can download application forms from http://socialjustice.nic.in/freecoach.php . Filled in application forms along with all necessary documents should be sent to 'Room No: 646, A- Wing, 6th floor, M/O Social Justice and Empowerment, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi - 110115. Last date for the receipt of filled in applications is 29th July 2011.