The Government of Karnataka will conduct Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) 2011 as per the formalities laid down by the central regulating authorities. Karnataka TET is for the candidates aspiring to become teachers in primary and upper primary schools in the state of Karnataka. KTET 2011 notification will be released by the Department of School Education, Karnataka OR concerned examination board as directed by the Government of Karnataka. TET is a compulsory examination for all the B.Ed. qualified candidates to be considered for teacher jobs in schools run by the government and private managements. Candidates may be facilitated to apply online for this examination. Here are the details of the KTET notification, syllabus, nature of question papers and application procedure:
Eligibility and Qualifications: Candidates should have following qualifications as prescribed by the NCTE for its CTET (Central Eligibility Test). The State governments may change the qualifications and eligibility requirements as per the GOs issued by them.
1. For Teachers of Classes I-V: Candidates should have passed in Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45 percent marks. Those appearing in final 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education in Special Education are also eligible. OR Candidates with BA / B.Sc. with at least 50 percent marks and B.Ed qualification can also apply.
2. For Teachers of Classes VI-VIII: Applicants having B.A. / B.Sc and those appearing in final 2 year D.Ed. / B.A. /B.Sc. with at least 45 percent marks and passed / appearing in B.Ed / Senior Secondary with at least 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) / 4-year BA/ B.Sc.Ed. or B.A. (Ed.)/B.Sc. (Ed.) / B.Ed. (Special Education) with 50 percent in BA or B.Sc are eligible for KTET.
KTET 2011 Exam pattern and Scheme: KTET consists of two objective type question papers. Each paper will consist of 150 MCQs and each question carries 1 marks totaling for 150 marks. Following are the details of question papers:
1. Paper I: To become teachers for classes I-V.
2. Paper II: To become teachers for classes between VI and VIII.
3. Paper I and II: For those candidates who interested in teaching from Class I to VIII. They can appear for both the papers and have to get qualifying marks to be considered for all the classes.
Department of School Education, Karnataka or concerned Examination Board will be given the responsibility of conducting Teacher Eligibility Test. Detailed notification will be released and displayed on the related website at www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in OR http://karnatakaeducation.gov.in/ . You can also download admit cards / hall tickets for the KTET from the official website.