Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC), Ahmedabad has issued notification for the recruitment of candidates for the vacancies of Drivers through the official website ojas.guj.nic.in . GSRTC is the largest public transport system in Gujarat. Following are details of posts, eligibility, reservations and application procedure:
Drivers in GSRTC: 1297 Posts (SC- 88, ST- 233, SEBC- 304, Ex-Serviceman-40, Others-256). For Female Candidates, the posts are reserved as : SC-37, ST-99, SEBC-130, Others-110.; Pay Scale is fixed as Rs.4500 for the period of 5 Years. Educational Qualifications: Applicants should have passed in 12th Class / +2 / Intermediate from any government recognized board. Candidates with Graduation also can apply. Knowledge of computers is desirable qualification.
Applicants should have at least 4 years of experience in driving heavy vehicles with valid Heavy Motor Vehicle License. They should have physical standards as mentioned below:
2. Height should be minimum 162 CMs
3. Age should be between 25 to 33 years
Recruitment / Selection Process: Selection of the candidates will be based on weightage for 50 marks drawn from various examinations as mentioned below:
1. SSC / 10th Class Pass: 15 Marks
2. 12th Class / +2 Pass: 5 Marks
3. Graduation Pass: 10 Marks
4. Knowledge of Computers: 5 Marks
5. Experience of Driving Heavy Vehicle with Valid License: 15 Marks
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through Gujarat Online Job Portal website at ojas.guj.nic.in . Address of the Corporation: Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC), Central Office, Vahan Vyavahar Bhavan, Ahmedabad, India.
1. Opening of Online Applications: 16th July 2011
2. Close of Online Applications: 15th August 2011