Irrigation and Command Area Development Department (Irrigation and CAD Department), Government of Andhra Pradesh has announced recruitment notification for the posts of Junior Technical Officers (JTO) and Technical Assistants (TAs) at the Zonal level for various zones in the state. Superintending Engineers, Nodal Officers of the Irrigation Circles of concerned Zones will issue recruitment notifications for the respective zones. There are 221 posts in total. The Irrigation Circle - Vijayawada has announced notification for 39 Junior Technical Officers and 14 Technical Assistants. Irrigation Circle Hyderabad also announced notification for 15 posts of Technical Assistants and 3 posts of Jr. Technical Officers. Following are details of total vacancies, eligibility, selection and application procedure:
1) Junior Technical Officers: 67 posts, Qualifications: Applicants should have Diploma in LCE / LME OR B.E. / B.Tech in Civil or Mechanical engineering. Age should be between 18-34 years as on 31-12-2011.
2) Technical Assistants : 143 posts, Qualifications: Applicants should have ITI DM in Civil and Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in LCE / LME. Engineering Graduates will not be considered for Technical Assistants posts. Age must be between 18-34 years as on 31-12-2011.
The I and CAD department has obtained permission to fill these vacancies along with Stenos also. The post of JTO to be taken as a zonal post and the post of Technical Assistant as a District Cadre Post. The Nodal Officer along with its members shall select the candidates based on the vacancies for the posts of JTO and Technical Assistants. The selected candidates may be allotted to the circles of that particular zone.
Following are details of Zone wise Superintending Engineers appointed as Nodal Officers:
1) Superintending Engineer, Irrigation Circle, Visakhapatnam : Zone -I
2) Superintending Engineer, Irrigation Circle, Vijayawada - Zone -II
3) Superintending Engineer, Irrigation Circle, Guntur : Zone -III
4) Superintending Engineer, Irrigation Circle, Chittoor : Zone -IV
5) Superintending Engineer, Irrigation Circle, Nirmal (Adilabad) : Zone -V
6) Designs Circle, CDO, Hyderabad : Zone - VI
Selection will be based on the merit in qualifying examination and weightages for higher qualifications such as B.Tech / B.E. There will be 90 percent weightage for qualifying examination and 5 percent for B.Tech (For JTO posts) and another 5 percent for Diploma in LCE / LME for Technical Assistant Posts. Details of application procedure and other information can be obtained from www.irrigation.ap.gov.in. or irrigation.ap.gov.in