Disaster Management is a new section in the APPSC (Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission) examinations. Number of candidates are finding it difficult to prepare for this section as comprehensive and sufficient material is not available in the market. Here we are giving some reference books for Disaster Management section. Most of these books are available in the standard bookshops in all cities and towns in Andhra Pradesh.
Following is the list of useful books for Disaster Management:
1. Introduction to Vulnerability Atlas of India (Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council)
2. Disaster Management in India (Published by Govt. of India)
3. National Disaster Management Authority (Published by Govt. of India)
4. Natural Hazards and Disaster Management (CBSE - NCERT Class XII, New Delhi)
5. Useful website: ndma.gov.in/ndma
In the recent examinations conducted by APPSC, importance is given for the questions from this section. Sometimes there may be questions that goes beyond syllabus mentioned by APPSC. Following are the examinations and number of questions given from Disaster management section:
1. Group 1 Prelims (27 May): 10 questions
2. Assistant Conservator of Forests (8th April): 7 questions
3. Drug Inspectors (29th April): 13 questions
4. Junior Assistants in AP Intermediate Board (3rd March): 20 questions
5. Junior Assistants in AP Secretariat Sub Service (22nd January): 9 questions.