There will be 30 percent weightage for Arithmetic Skills in VRO and VRA written examination to be conducted in Andhra Pradesh in January 2014. Following are the topics usually covered in the exam. Candidates should practice regularly with a standard study material. There will be 30 questions for 30 marks. These are decisive in securing good marks in VRO and VRA exam. Following is the indicative syllabus and model questions for VRO and VRA written test:
2) H.C.F and L.C.M of Numbers
3) Surds and Indices
5) Profit and Loss
6) Ratio and Proportion
8) Chain Rule
9) Time and Work
10) Pipes and Cisterns
11) Time And Distance
13) Boats and Streams
14) Alligation or Mixture
15) Simple Interest
16) Compound Interest
19) Volume and Surface Area
20) Stocks and Shares
21) True Discount
22) Banker’s Discount
VRO and VRA Recruitment - Latest News 2013 - 2014
VRO and VRA Recruitment 2013 - 2014 - Model Questions
Formulas to solve Arithmetic questions:
1. A number is divisible by 2, if its unit’s place digit is 0, 2, 4, or 8
2. A number is divisible by 3, if the sum of its digits is divisible by 3
3. A number is divisible by 4, if the number formed by its last two digits is divisible by 4
4. A number is divisible by 8, if the number formed by its last three digits is divisible by 8
5. A number is divisible by 9, if the sum of its digits is divisible by 9
6. The cost of articles is directly proportional to the number of articles.
7. The work done is directly proportional to the number of men working at it.
8. The time (number of days) required to complete a job is inversely proportional to the number of hours per day allocated to the job.
9. Time taken to cover a distance is inversely proportional to the speed of the car.