Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Government of India has issued recruitment notification for the posts of Scientists B and Scientists / Engineers in various engineering and science disciplines. The initial shortlisting will be based on the scores in GATE 2015 / GATE 2016. Details of vacancies and application procedure are given below:
Vacancies to be filled through GATE scores:
1) Electronics and communications Engineering - 40 posts
2) Mechanical Engineering: 35 posts
3) Computer Science and Engineering: 26 posts
4) Mathematics: 7 posts
5) Electrical Engineering: 10 posts
6) Physics: 6 posts
7) Aeronautical Engineering: 5 posts
8) Chemical Engineering: 9 posts
9) Chemistry: 5 posts
10) Textile Engineering: 2 posts
11) Civil Engineering: 8 posts
12) Material Science and Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering: 1 posts
Qualifications: Candidates should have first class Bachelors / Masters degree in Engineering / Science along with GATE score.
Vacancies to be filled with marks in qualifying examination:
1) Agriculture Science: 1 post
2) Cognitive Science: 1 post
3) Biomedical Engineering: 1 post
4) Fire Technology Safety Engineering: 5 posts
Qualifications: Candidates need first class masters / graduation in relevant discipline.
Age should be below 28 years as on 10 April 2016. Candidates with the knowledge of German, Russian, French, Japanese and Chinese will be preferred. Selection will be through GATE score / merit and personal interviews.
Online applications can be submitted from 20th March 2016. Last date for the submission of applications is 10 April 2016. For more details, see www.drdo.gov.in .