Telangana History and Culture have become and important segment of TSPSC Groups syllabus for Group 2, Group 1 and various other recruitment exams in Telangana state. Following are important multiple choice questions / objective bits from Telangana History and Culture also useful for Police Constables, SI exams in Telangana.
1) Which of the following is the first capital of Satavahana Kingdom?
a) Kotilingala b) Prathisthanapuram
c) Dharanikota d) Nagarjunakonda
2) Roman coins were excavated in the following towns of Telangana state?
a) Bothan b) Nirmal c) Panagal d) Suryapet
3) Vijayapuri is the capital city of which of the following kingdoms?
a) Ikshwaka b) Vishnukundins
c) Vakatakas d) Recharla Padmanayakas
4) Which of the following books describes the social life of the people of Hanmakonda?
a) Rajarudreeyam b) Jinendra Kalyanabhyudayam
c) Kakatiya History d) Kreedabhiramam
5) Who built Ramappa lake?
a) Jagadala Mummadi b) Mailamba
c) Recharla Rudrudu d) Chowda Senani
6) Who penned various writings with the name of 'Maani'?
a) Kishan Paryad b) Mahaboob Alikhan
c) Mahammad Kuli Kutub Shah d) Saranga Tammaya
7) 'Rangam' event is celebrated as part of which of the following festivals in Telangana?
a) Bathukamma b) Bonalu
c) Sankranthi d) Dasaraa
8) 'Peddagattu Jaatara' is celebrated in which of the following districts in Telangana state?
a) Karimnagar b) Adilabad
c) Mahaboobnagar d) Nalgonda
9) The book Social History of Andhras (Andhrula Sanghika Charitra) is written by?
a) Dasarathi Rangacharya
b) Suravaram Prathap Reddy
c) Kaloji Narayana Rao
d) Chilukuri Veerabhadra Rao