1. What does 'P' denote in DPT vaccine?
A) Psoriasis B) Pertussis C) Pancolitis D) Parkinsons
2. Below are given statements followed by some conclusions. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with the commonly known facts.
Statements: 1) Some kids are clever.
2) Some kids are players.
I. Some players are clever.
II. Some clever kids are players.
Decide which of the given conclusions logically follow (s) from the given statements.
A) Only conclusion I follows
B) Only conclusion II follows
C) Both conclusion I and II follow
D) Neither conclusion I nor II follows
3. Which number will fit both the series of numbers?
Series A: 1, 4, 9, ......
Series B: 1, 8, 27, ......
A) 42 B) 36 C) 64 D) 25
4. If ALPHA = 36, BETA = 26, then DELTA = ?
A) 38 B) 31 C) 40 D) 36
5. What does SPM index (in pollution) stand for?
A) Solid Pollution Matter
B) Suspended Particulate Matter
C) Soluble Particle Method
D) Surrounding Pollution Matter
6. School : Principal as Court :
A) Lawyer B) Judge C) Defendant D) Plaintiff
7. The diagonal of a rhombus is 8 m and 6 m respectively. Find its area.
A) 48 sq.m. B) 24 sq.m. C) 12 sq.m. D) 96 sq.m.
8. Which river flows through Karnataka and Tamilnadu?
A) Krishna B) Godavari C) Kaveri D) Periyar
9. If 1 = 2, 3 = 6, 4 = 8, and + = −, what would be the value of 41 + 34 + 13 =?
A) −88 B) 88 C) 12 D) −12
10. Sita told her friend Gita 'I am leaving today and will reach Mumbai tomorrow for my exams starting the day after tomorrow, which is Friday'. What day is tomorrow in this conversation?
A) Wednesday B) Thursday C) Tuesday D) Saturday
11. Which of the following gases are responsible for the greenhouse gas effect on Earth?
A) Water vapour and Carbon dioxide
B) Carbon dioxide and Nitrogen
C) Carbon dioxide and Methane
D) Ozone and Methane
12. Who among the following has won an Oscar for movie direction?
A) A R Rahman B) Guru Dutt C) Satyajit Ray D) Gulzar
13. In which year was RBI nationalized?
A) 1959 B) 1967 C) 1949 D) 1964
14. Where was paper invented?
A) China B) Italy C) France D) Egypt
15. From where was Mangalyaan launched?
A) Chennai B) Sriharikota C) Trombay D) Gopalpur, on sea
16. What smallest number should be added to the sum of squares of 15 and 14, so that the resulting number is a perfect square?
A) 17 B) 20 C) 11 D) 9
17. Ram and Rahim standing at a distance of 680 m run towards each other at a speed of 8 m/sec and 9 m/sec respectively. After how long will they meet?
A) 17 sec B) 24 sec C) 40 sec D) 36 sec
18. Who wrote the National song of India?
A) Rabindranath Tagore
B) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
C) Mohammed Iqbal D) Chitragupta
19. Below are given statements followed by some conclusions. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with the commonly known facts.
1) Because of motor vehicles like cars, pollution has increased manifold.
2) Respirator diseases are increasing due to pollution.
I. If cars were not there pollution would be nil.
II. Doctors earn a lot due to pollution.
Decide which of the given conclusions logically follow(s) from the given statements.
A) Either I or II follows
B) Neither I nor II follows
C) Only conclusion I follows
D) Only conclusion II follows
20. What is the technology used in a compact disc?
A) Electrical B) Laser C) Electro magnetic D) Aeronautical
21. A deep crack in a glacier is called .......
A) A crevice B) A crevasse C) A crack D) A cleft
22. If angles of a quadrilateral are in the ratio
3 : 5 : 9 : 13. Find the largest angle?
A) 155 B) 170 C) 156 D) 150
23. The Suez canal connects the Mediterranean sea to which sea?
A) Caspian Sea B) Red Sea
C) Baltic Sea D) North Sea
1-B; 2-B; 3-C; 4-C; 5-B; 6-B; 7-B; 8-C; 9-D; 10-B; 11-A; 12-C; 13-C; 14-A; 15-B; 16-B; 17-C; 18-B; 19-D; 20-B; 21-B; 22-C; 23-B.