Following are model and practice questions for SBI Clerks / Associates
written examination. The reasoning section will be there in SBI Clerks
Preliminary and Main Exams.
1. In a certain code 'ke pa lo ti' means 'lamp is burning bright' and
'lo si ti ba ke' means 'bright light is from lamp'. Which of the
following is the code for 'burning' in that language?
1) si 2) pa 3) ti 4) ke 5) None
2. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word WONDERS, each
of which has as many letters between its two letters as there are
between them in English alphabet?
1) One 2) Two 3) Three 4) Four 5) More than four
3. The following groups of alphabets form a certain pattern with
regard to their position in the English alphabetic series. Based upon
the pattern, which of the following five alternatives shall replace
the question mark?
AD FC HK MJ ?
1) NQ 2) OQ 3) OR 4) MP 5) None of these
Directions (Q.4-5): A, B, C and D live on floors 3 to 6 of same six
storeyed building. A lives on fourth floor. Only one person lives on
floor between A and B. C does not live on a floor above A's floor.
4. Who lives on a floor immediately above B's floor?
1) A 2) C 3) D
4) A or C 5) B lives on top floor
5. Who lives on the fifth floor?
1) A 2) B 3) C 4) D 5) None
Directions (Q.6-8): Study the arrangement of letters and digits given
below and answer the questions which follow:
Q 2 3 B 9 V 5 L S R F P
6. If one is subtracted from each of the numbers which of the
following will be the fourth to the right of the tenth from the right?
1) 4 2) 8 3) 2 4) 1 5) None
7. If first all the digits are arranged in descending order and then
the letters are arranged in alphabetic order, the position of how many
digits and alphabets will remain unchanged?
1) None 2) One 3) Two 4) Three 5) None of these
8. If each of the consonants in the above arrangement is replaced by
the letter preceding it in the alphabetic series, how many vowels will
1) Nil 2) One 3) Two 4) Three 5) Four
9. In a certain code 'EXPERT' is written as '$Z%$Q5' and 'PETROL' is
written as '%$5Q#9'. How will 'EXPLORE' be written in that code?
1) $Z%9Q#$ 2) $Z%9#Q$
3) $Z%9#$Q 4) $Z%9$#Q 5) None of these
10. Sunil walks towards the East from point A, turns right at point B
and walks the same distance as he walked towards the East. Now he
turns left, walks the same distance again and finally makes a left
turn and stops at point C after walking the same distance. The
distance between A and C is how many times as that of A and B?
1) Cannot be determined 2) Two
3) Three 4) Four 5) None of these
1-2; 2-4; 3-3; 4-5; 5-4; 6-1; 7-3; 8-5; 9-2; 10-2.