The AP State Kapu Welfare and Development Corporation (APSKWDC) has announced Vidyonnati Scheme 2016 for Kapu, Telaga, Balija and Ontari communities. The scheme is intended to offer free coaching for UPSC civil services examination 2017 (preliminary and main exam). Following are details of entrance examination and syllabus:
Entrance Examination: JNTU Kakinada will conduct an entrance examination for the selection of candidates for Vidyonnati Scheme 2016-17. The entrance examination pattern will be as follows:
The entrance examination will be objective type (one paper only) with 150 questions for 150 marks. Duration of the exam is 180 minutes.
Answers have be marked on OMR sheet (with ball point
pen (blue or black), Pencil shall not be used. Question paper will be both in English and Telugu.
Vidyonnati Scheme - Eligibility and Application Procedure
Vidyonnati Scheme - Coaching Centers
Syllabus for the examination:
The syllabus for the examination will be the same as the syllabus for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary examination 2017.
1) Current events of National and International importance.
2) History of Indian and Indian National Movement.
3) Indian and World Geography, Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
4) Indian Polity and Governance- Constitution, Political Sy
stem, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.,
5) Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives etc.
6) General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio- diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
7) General Science
9) Interpersonal skills including communication skills,
10) Logical reasoning and analytical ability
11) Decision making and problem solving
12) General Mental ability
13) Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc., (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc., Class X level)
Examination will be conducted at the following centers: Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Vijayawada, Ongole, Tirupati, Anantapur and Kadapa.