The Government of Telangana is proposed to fill the faculty posts in various state level universities. There are 1504 vacancies in various universities in the state. The higher education department has identified university wise vacancies as mentioned below:
1) Osmania University: 669 posts
2) Kakatiya University: 209 posts
3) JNTU Hyderabad: 199 posts
4) JNAFAU: 28 posts
5) Mahatma Gandhi University: 34 posts
6) Palamuru University: 63 posts
7) Satavahana University: 40 posts
8) Telugu University: 32 posts
9) RGUKT: 146 posts
10) Telangana University: 54 posts
11) Ambedkar Open University: 30 posts.
The vacancies will be filled through personal interviews. The government is proposed to conduct written examination if the applications are more in number for these posts to shortlist the candidates.
The Government is also mulling to do away with the courses in universities where sufficient number of students are not joining in them. The courses like MBA, MCA, Tamil, Kannada, Persian etc are not receiving sanctioned intake in various universities.