10 October 2016
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination 2016 - Selection Procedure and Important Dates
Category wise vacancies:
1) Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants: 3281 posts
2) Lower Division Clerks (LDC): 1321 posts
3) Data Entry Operators: 506 posts
4) Court Clerk: 26 posts
Age of the candidates should be between 18-27 years as on 1 January 2017. Applications can be submitted online only through the website. Application fee is Rs. 100. Women, SC, ST and PH candidates need not pay the application fee.
Selection Procedure: There are three stages.
Tier 1: This is for 200 marks with 100 questions. Duration is 75 minutes. 25 questions each will be asked from General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness.
Tier 2: 100 marks. This is offline exam. Writing skills of the candidates will be tested through this paper. Candidates need to secure 33 percent marks to qualify in this paper.
Tier 3: Skill Test / Type Test: This is for data entry posts. Tier - 3 is a qualifying test in nature.
1) Last date for the submission of applications: 7 November 2016
2) Tier 1 Exam: 7 January, 5 February 2016
3) Tier 2 Descriptive Test: 9 April 2017
4) Website: www.ssconline.nic.in .