Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) has released the final syllabus and examination scheme for the recruitment to the post of Panchayat Secretary (Grade IV) in AP Panchayat Raj Subordinate Service. The notification is likely to be released by APPSC in 2016.
Scheme of Examination:
Screening Test: 150 questions - 150 marks - 150 minutes
1) Paper 1 General Studies and Mental Ability: 150 questions - 150 marks - 150 minutes.
2) Paper 2 Rural Development and Problems in Rural Areas with special reference to Andhra Pradesh: 150 questions - 150 marks - 150 minutes.
The screening test syllabus is as follows:
1. Current affairs - international, national and regional.
2. Basics of General Science and their relevance to the day to day life. Current developments in science, technology and information technology
3. History of Modern India with emphasis upon Indian national movement.
4. Economic development in India since independence.
5. Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
6. Overview of Indian Constitution.
7. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative,
Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications / problems.
8. Evolution of Panchayat Raj system in India including Constitutional amendments and reports of Various Committees.
9. Evolution of Panchayat Raj system in Andhra Pradesh
10. Key Schemes of Panchayat Raj Department of A.P
11. Rural Economy of Andhra Pradesh: Agricu
lture, Small scale Industries Rural artisans.
12. Rural Credit Scenario of Andhra Pradesh: Role of Banks, co-operatives and Micro Finance.
13. Women Empowerment and Economic
development through Self Help Groups.