1. Details of Vacancies: 350 posts (General Recruitment- 310, Backlog- 40); Pay Scale: Rs. 11545- 485- 13000- 650- 16250 -800- 20250 -955- 23115
2. Branch wise division: Electrical - 198; Mechanical: 99; Electronics: 25; Civil: 28.
Eligibility: Applicants must have Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Mechanical Engineering/ Electronics and Communications Engineering / Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation and Control Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering/ Electronics Instrumentation and Power / Power Electronics / Civil Engineering as on 01-01-2011. Age must be below 38 years as on 01-01-2011.Relaxations apply for reserved candidates.
Application fee is Rs. 500 for OC candidates and Rs. 150 for others. Fee should be paid in any AP online center OR AP Online Portal on or before 31-01-2011.
Selection will be based on weightages for various stages of education and marks in written test. Written Test consists of 100 questions carrying 1 mark each to each question. Written Test contains Two sectons:
1. Section A: Questions on core academic curriculum of respective discipline.
2. Section B: Questions on power plant related topics of Thermal / Hydel.
Total marks in written test will be restricted to 50 and for remaining 50 marks, weightage will be given as per the criteria given below:
1. 30 marks for qualifying exam of Diploma
2. 10 marks for passing of qualifying examination of Diploma upto the date of notification at 2 marks for each completed year of passing.
3. 10 marks for service more than 6 months / 5 marks for service less than 6 months (For contract labour worked in Power Generating Stations of APGENCO).
Application Procedure: After paying the required fee, candidates have to log on to the APGENCO website and click on 'APPLY ONLINE' link. You can also avail detailed notification and user guide on online application process:
1. Opening of Online Application: 10-01-2011
2. Close of Online Application: 31-01-2011.
Syllabus for written exam available on the website mentioned above.
APGENCO Model Questions - Electrical/ Electronics/ Civil/ Mechanical
(See below mentioned 'Related Posts' for APGENCO Engineers Exam Previous Questions / Model Questions)