Directions (Q. 1-4): Read each sentence to find out whether there is
any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be
in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If
there is 'No error', the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation,
1. In the making of a documentary (1)/ on some critical issues (2)/
the main problem a documentary maker faces (3)/ is the fund. (4)/ No
2. Having worked since 12 years with BARC, (1)/ Pradeep Indulker is an
unlikely candidate (2)/ for directing a film (3)/ opposed to nuclear
power. (4)/ No error (5).
3. The play has a great success (1)/ and the playwright claims that
(2)/ the story has evolved (3)/ through this journey. (4)/ No error
4. I feel if someone of us had (1)/ attended to his loneliness (2)/ he
could have (3)/ been saved. (4)/ No error (5).
Directions (Q. 5-8): In each of the questions, two sentences I and II
are given. Each sentence has a blank in it. Five words 1), 2), 3), 4)
and 5) are suggested. Out of these only one fits at both the places in
the context of
each sentence. The number of that word is the answer.
5. I. Fundamentalist Jamaat-e-Islami leader and media doyen Mir Quasem
Ali was ...................... by a special Bangladeshi tribunal on
charges of "crime against humanity" committed during the 1971
II. She has been ................. for possessing cocaine.
1) acquitted 2) honoured 3) absolved
4) indicted 5) exonerated
6. I. The IOC will consider taking action against pole vault world
champion Yelena Isinbayeva, a Youth Olympics ambassador, after her
comments in favour of Russia's new gay law ........... a major
controversy last month.
II. It is still not clear what events ................ off the demonstrations.
1) called 2) triggered 3) put 4) exploded 5) fell
7. I. What ................... DG Vanzara to turn against the person
whom he called his 'God'?
II. India's recession has ..................... consumers to cut back
on buying cars.
1) made 2) influenced 3) helped
4) obstructed 5) prompted
8. I. Self-styled godman Asaram, lodged in Jodhpur central jail over
the alleged sexual assault on a minor, ................ special
facilities to carry out pooja inside the jail premises.
II. Four people who ................... refuge in the Indian embassy
have left voluntarily.
1) asked 2) enjoyed 3) sought 4) gave 5) took
Directions (Q. 9-13): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B),
(C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful
paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) Voting is so quantitatively and qualitatively poor that the whole
process of democratic government becomes jeopardised.
(B) It has attained a marked popularity in the world, yet it is often
criticised for certain defects.
(C) The percentage of the Indian citizens who fulfil this obligation
ranges between 40 and 50 percent.
(D) Democracy is based upon two basic cultural values of equality and liberty.
(E) Voting is a paramount right of the citizens in a democracy, but
the citizens do not fully and honesty discharge their obligations to
(F) The first of these is that the citizens do not fully exercise
their rights nor accept their obligations.
9. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
1) E 2) C 3) D 4) B 5) A
10. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
1) F 2) E 3) D 4) C 5) B
11. Which of the following should be the LAST (SIXTH) sentence after
1) C 2) B 3) D 4) A 5) E
12. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) B 2) C 3) F 4) D 5) A
13. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
1) D 2) A 3) E 4) C 5) B
1-4; 2-1; 3-1; 4-5; 5-4; 6-2; 7-5; 8-3; 9-3; 10-1; 11-4; 12-2; 13-5.