The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) has released syllabus for Group 3 Services (Panchayat Secretaries Recruitment - Grade 4). Following is the final syllabus for Paper 1 (General Studies) and Paper 2 (Panchayat Raj System and Rural Development).
APPSC Group 4 Final Syllabus - 2016
APPSC Group 2 Final Syllabus - 2016
GROUP- III SERVICES PANCHAYAT SECRETARY (GRADE - IV)
PAPER -I : GENERAL STUDIES
1. Events of national and international importance.
2. Current affairs- inter national, national and regional.
3. Basics of General Science and their relevance to the day to day life.
Current developments in science, technology and information technology
4. History of Modern India with emphases upon Indian national movement.
5. Economic development in India since independence.
6. Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
7. Basic things about Disaster management (CBSE-VIII & IX Standard).
8. Geography of India- Physical, Cultural, Demographic, Economic, Social
and Infrastructural aspects – Geography of A.P
9. Indian Constitution and Polity.
10. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
PAPER - II Syllabus
1. Evolution of A.P Panchayat Raj system from 1956
2. Roles and responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary
3. Rural Sociology: History and Evolution of schemes catering to upliftment of Rural Poor
4. Flagship Rural Development schemes of Rural Development Department of Government of India and Andhra Pradesh
5. Key Schemes of Panchayat Raj Department
6. Rural Economy of Andhra Pradesh: Agriculture, Small scale Industries
7. Rural Credit Scenario of Andhra Pradesh: Role of Banks, cooperatives
and Micro Finance
8. Community Based Organisations and convergence of Welfare Schemes
9. Women Empowerment and Economic development through Self Help
10. Revenue and Expenditure Management of Local Bodies
11. Accounting and administering funds received under various schemes.