Following are current affairs multiple choice questions useful for the written examination of NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme 2017 for Civil Services Free Coaching Program. The answers and explanations are given at the end of the model questions.
1. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)?
(a) Vanaja N. Sarna (b) P K Sinha (c) Ajit Seth (d) B. K. Chaturvedi
2. With which of the payment solutions provider in India, Karnataka Bank has launched co-branded credit cards for the customers of Karnataka Bank?
(a) Citrus Pay (b) SBI Card (c) ICICI Payseal (d) PayUmoney
3. India has signed the first loan agreement with the New Development Bank for USD 350 million for development and up gradation of roads project in
(a) Uttar Pradesh (b) Jharkhand (c) Chhattisgarh (d) Madhya Pradesh
4. Name the American astronaut is in the news for making history after she floated outside the International Space Station.
(a) Jack Fischer (b) Randy Bresnik (c) Peggy Whitson (d) Mark Vande Hei
5. Name the Chief Minister has been selected for the "US India Business Council" award.
(a) Pinarayi Vijayan (b) Vasundhara Raje Scindia
(c) N Chandrababu Naidu (d) Shivraj Singh Chouhan
6. The research center for Foot and Mouth disease of cattle and buffalos is coming up at:
(a) Bhubaneswar (b) Bengaluru (c) Chennai (d) Kochi
7. The book, "Free Speech: Ten principles for a connected world" is authored by
(a) Timothy Garton Ash (b) Julian Patrick Barnes (c) Ian Russell McEwan (d) Martin Amis
8. In April, 2017, which country has agreed to co-operate India in defeating the Islamic State militants and the growing threat of radicalization and extremism?
(a) Malaysia (b) Indonesia (c) Seychelles (d) Vietnam
9. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary (WWS) has been in news for facing an unprecedented drought. The Sanctuary is located in
(a) Kerala (b) Karnataka (c) Tamil Nadu (d) Goa
10. A giant algae bloom, the size of Mexico is known create a pretty bioluminescence at night and releases ammonia that is toxic to marine life. It is spreading in
(a) Gulf of Aqaba (b) Gulf of Oman (c) Gulf of Aden (d) Gulf of Alaska
Answers and Key:
Senior bureaucrat Vanaja N Sarna has been appointed as chairperson of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC).
Karnataka Bank and SBI Card have launched co-branded credit cards for the customers of Karnataka Bank. Through this alliance Karnataka Bank and SBI Card will launch two variants of the co-branded credit card - 'Karnataka Bank Platinum SBI Card' and 'Karnataka Bank SimplySAVE SBI Card'.
The Loan Agreement for New Development Bank (NDB) financing of US$ 350 Million for Development and Upgradation of Major District Roads Project in Madhya Pradesh was signed between Government of India and the New Development Bank (NDB).
American astronaut Peggy Whitson made history when she floated outside the International Space Station on 30th March 2017, breaking the record for the most spacewalks by a woman.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has been selected for the US India Business Council Award. The USIBC has selected Mr. Naidu for the award of 'Transformative Chief Minister'.
An International research centre for Foot and Mouth disease of cattle and buffalos at Argul, has been inaugurated by the Union Agriculture Minister Radhamohan Singh on outskirts of Odisha capital, Bhubaneswar.
Timothy Garton Ash is a British historian, author and commentator has written the book, "Free Speech: Ten principles for a connected world".
India and Malaysia on 1st April, 2017 agreed to cooperate to defeat Islamic State militants and the growing threat of radicalization and extremism.
Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is an animal sanctuary in Wayanad, Kerala, India.
A giant algae bloom, the size of Mexico, is spreading in the Gulf of Oman threatening marine life. While the alga is known to create a pretty bioluminescence at night, it releases ammonia that is toxic to marine life.