Current Affairs is part of the question paper of written examination conducted for NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme in Andhra Pradesh. Following are some important objective multiple choice questions (MCQs) for the written test of NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme - 2017. Answers are given at the end of the questions.
1. Which country has become the 7th member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
(a) Myanmar (b) Vietnam (c) Sri Lanka (d) Indonesia
2. For the development of which sector, Union Govt has launched a new scheme, "PowerTex India"?
(a) Consumer Markets (b) Automobiles (c) Powerloom Sector (d) Aviation
3. In a first, which city gets buses that run on biogas in India?
(a) Kolkata (b) Chennai (c) Bhopal (d) Indore
4. Recently Union Govt. has announced withdrawal of incentives under the Fame India scheme to which of the vehicle categories?
(a) Parallel hybrid vehicles (b) Mild hybrid vehicles
(c) Series hybrid vehicles (d) None of the above
5. Who has become the Women's singles champion of India Super Series tournament?
(a) P.V. Sindhu (b) Saina Nehwal (c) Jwala Gutta (d) Ashwini Ponnappa
6. In Uttarakhand, 19th commonwealth forestry conference is conducted under the theme 'Forests for Prosperity and Posterity' at:
(a) Roorkee (b) Mussoorie (c) Rudrapur (d) Dehradun
7. Recently Kishori Amonkar passed away, she was renowned Hindustani:
(a) Classical vocalist (b) Classical guitarist
(c) Classical dancer (d) Both (a) & (c)
8. According to the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranking 2017, which is the top ranked Indian University?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
(b) IISc Bangalore
(c) Jadavpur University, Kolkata
(d) JNU, Delhi
9. Recently President Pranab Mukherjee visited the excavated ruins of Vikramshila University. This University was situated in:
(a) West Bengal (b) East Bengal (Modern Bangladesh)
(c) Bihar (d) Jammu & Kashmir
10. Who among the following has taken charge as deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India on 3rdApril 2017?
(a) Viral Acharya (b) N S Vishwanathan
(c) S SMundra (d) B P Kanungo
Key and Explanations:
Myanmar became the 7th member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program of Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The Union Ministry of Textiles has launched PowerTex India, a three-year comprehensive scheme for Powerloom Sector Development.
A bus powered by biogas, sourced from cow dung, was launched in Kolkata, with operators claiming that it is India's first such bus service. A nominal fare of Re 1 will be charged from each passenger.
The government has withdrawn incentives given to mild hybrid vehicles under FAME India scheme. Mild hybrid technology will stand excluded from the benefits of the FAME India scheme with effect from April 1, 2017, a notification by Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
P.V. Sindhu has won the maiden India Open Super Series title beating Carolina Marin.
The 19th Commonwealth Forestry Conference is held at Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Renowned Hindustani classical vocalist Kishori Amonkar passed away after a brief illness.
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore is India's best university followed by Delhi's Jawaharlal Nehru University and Banaras Hindu University, in a nationwide government ranking (NIRF-2017).
President Pranab Mukherjee visited the excavated ruins of Vikramshila University in Bihar and said he would talk to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the revival of the ancient seat of Buddhist learning.
BP Kanungo took over as the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India in place of R Gandhi who retired from service. The government had last month appointed Kanungo as the Deputy Governor for a period of three years from the date of his taking over charge of the post on or after April 3 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.