Following are the important objective multiple choice questions for RRB Group D, ALP and Technician posts announced by Railway Recruitment Board.
1. The famous ‘Angkor Vat’ temple is situated in which of the following country?
A) Mynmar B) Japan C) Cambodia D) Vietnam
2. Magnitude of energy released by an earthquake is calculated using
A) Earthquake scale B) Seismic scale
C) Richter scale D) Temblor scale
3. Identify the chemically inactive or noble gas from the following.
A) Oxygen B) Hydrogen
C) Argon D) Carbon-di-oxide
4. Atmospheric pressure generated on the earth's surface is due to...
A) Earth's rotation B) Earth's revolution
C) Gravitational force of the Earth
D) None of these
5. Which of the following disease is not transmitted by tiger mosquitoes?
A) Dengue B) Chikungunya
C) Japanese Encephalitis D) Yellow fever
6. Photosynthesis takes place faster in ....
A) White light B) Red light
C) Yellow D) Blue light
7. The period of lunar eclipse is long when .....
A) Moon is nearer to earth
B) Moon is farthest point from earth
C) Eclipse occurs at night
D) Moon moving at very slow speed
8. Find the ammonium compound which is used
in manufacturing of dry cell.
A) Ammonium sulphate
B) Ammonium nitrate
C) Ammonium chloride D) All of these
9. Which of the following is not a fundamental Duty?
A) To abide by constitution
B) To protect and improve natural environment
C) To safe guard public property
D) To develop scientific temper
E) None of these
10. Which among the following was a member of drafting Committee of constitution?
A) N. Gopalaswamy Iyengar
B) Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer
C) Dr. K.M. Munshi
D) Syed Mohammad Saadullah
E) All of these
11. Central Chief Election Commissioner can be removed by .....
A) President B) Central Govt
C) Parliament D) Chief justice of India
12. What is the name of the President of South Africa who recently resigned?
A) Robert Mugabe B) Yoweri Museveni
C) Jacob Zuma D) Gemini Alfonso
13. Recently Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated World Sustainable Development Summit in...
A) Abudabhi B) Dubai
C) New Delhi D) East Jerusalem
14. As per which of the following article budget introduced in the parliament
A) 112 B) 110 C) 108 D) 104
15. Which among the following introduced Budget for highest number of times?
A) Morarji Desai
B) Yashwanth Sinha
C) P Chidambaram
D) Pranab Mukherjee
16. Which of the following state launched Nutritional Scheme for HIV POSITIVE Children’s?
A) Jharkhand B) Bihar
C) Haryana D) Himachal Pradesh
17. Which of the following Container port has won the ‘Samudra Manthan - Caring Organisation of the Year’ award?
A) Paradip B) Tuticorin
D) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
18. Recommendations of 15th Finance commission commence from?
A) 2018 B) 2019 C) 2020 D) 2021
19. Which among the following appointed as 1st female independent director of ICC?
A) Nita Ambani
B) Indra Nooyi
C) Arundhati Bhattacharya
D) Mithali Raj
20. President of Indian Olympic association ....
A) Rajyavardan Singh Rathode
B) Vinod Gaikwaid
C) Narinder Dhruv Batra
D) Virender Bhatia
21. How much funds govt has allocated for Operation green mission in 2018-19 Budget?
A) Rs.500 crore B) Rs.880 crore
C) Rs.900 crore D) Rs.100 crore
22. Which scheme will be launched this year as per Budget 2018 to improve the Health Sector of the country?
A) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
B) National Health Policy 2018
C) Swachh Bharat
D) National Health Protection Scheme
23. New Chairman of ISRO is.....
A) Kiran Kumar B) Vikram Kumar
C) K.Sivan D) Ganeshan
24. Which of the following phenomenon is considered responsible for Global Warming?
A) Greenhouse effect B) Fire in coal mines
C) Dry farming D) Monsoon
25. The ore which is found in abundance in India is....
A) Monazite B) Fluorspar
C) Bauxite D) Magnetite
26. Prartana Samaj was founded by ........
A) Keshav Chandra Sen
B) Debendranath Sen
C) Atmaram Panduranga
D) Behramji Mehalbari
27. Vardhaman Mahaveer died in
A) Kundagrama B) Kapilavastu
C) Kushinara D) Pawapuri
28. Which of the following amendment known as Mini Constitution?
A) 100th amd B) 42nd amd
C) 52nd amd D) 73rd amd
29. Budget can be introduced only in.....
A) Loksabha only B) Rajyasabha only
C) Both of the houses D) None of these
30. Founder of LODI dynasty .....
A) Ibrahim Lodi B) Bahulal Lodi
C) Sikandar Lodi D) Mahmud Lodi
31. The famous ‘Hornbill festival’ is celebrated in which of the following States of India?
A) Mizoram B) Manipur
C) Meghalaya D) Nagaland
32. Which state of India is associated with the Folk Dance Ghoomar?
A) Gujarat B) Rajasthan
C) Manipur D) Maharashtra
33. Match the following (State - festivals)
1. Assom a) baisakhi
2. Arunachalpradesh b) bihu
3. Tripura c) bori boot
4. Telangana d) karchi puja
5. Haryana e) Bonalu
A) 1-b, 2-c, 3-d, 4-e, 5-a
B) 1-a, 2-b, 3-c, 4-d, 5-e
C) 1-c, 2-b, 3-d, 4-a, 5-e
D) 1-d, 2-b, 3-c, 4-e, 5-a
34. Which of the following is not a UNESCO's World heritage city?
A) Ajanta caves B) Elephenta caves
C) Ellora caves D) Borra caves
35. Compositions of Kabir are known as....
A) Bijak B) Kavitavali
C) Dohavali D) Shatapadi
36. Which of the following temple in India was called as The Black Pagoda by the Europeans?
A) Brihadisvara Temple, Tanjavur
B) Sun temple, Konark
C) Somnath temple, Gujarat
D) Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple, Maharastra
37. Which among the following king introduced SAKA era?
A) Ashoka B) Kanishka
C) Chandra Gupta 2 D) Harsha
38. Gol Gumbaz known as Whispering Gallery was by built by...
A) Mohmad Quli Qutub Sha, Hyderabad
B) Mohmad Adil Sha, Bijapur
C) Mohmad Adil Sha, Ahmednagar
D) Ali Barid Sha, Bidar
39. Australian Open Women singles won by...
A) Maria Sharapova
B) Serena Williams
C) Caroline Wozniacki
D) Kristina Mladenovic
40. Days and nights are caused by....
A) Rotation of the earth on its axis
B) Revolution of the earth around the Sun
C) Distance between Sun and Earth
D) Inclination of the earth's axis
41. In India, a three tier Panchayat is envisaged for states which have a population above
A) 1 Lakh B) 20 Lakh
C) 15 Lakh D) 30 Lakh
42. First Aviation Multi skill development centre inaugurated in
A) Hyderabad B) New Delhi
C) Bangalore D) Chandigarh
43. India Gate was built in the memory of...
A) Battle of Panipat B) World War II
C) World War I
D) Battle of Independence
44. Which among the following multilateral convention seeks to protect the human health and environment from Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)?
A) Stockholm Convention
B) Paris Convention
C) Ramsar Convention
D) Basel Convention
45. Which of the following organ/ tissue of human body is most sensitive to intake of lead?
A) Lungs B) Kidneys
C) Adipose D) Brain
46. Which among the following called as Father of civil aviation of India?
A) Vikram Sarabhai B) Prafulla Patel
C) JRD Tata D) Trinath Sharma
47. Word kinetic refers to......
A) Locomotion B) Motion
C) Resonance D) Vibration
48. Which of the following diseases spreads through respiratory route?
A) Influenza B) Mumps
C) Measles D) All of above
49. World’s first 5G chip BALONG 5G01 unveiled by
A) Dell B) INTEL
C) Huawei D) IBM
50. Mobile World Congress 2018 was held in....
A) New York B) Tokyo
C) Dubai D) Barcelona
Answers / Key:
1-C, 2-C, 3-C, 4-C, 5-C, 6-A, 7-C, 8-C, 9-E, 10-E, 11-C, 12-C, 13-C ,14-A ,15-A, 16-D, 17-D, 18-C, 19-B, 20-C,
21-A, 22-D, 23-C, 24-A, 25-A, 26-C, 27-D, 28-B, 29-A, 30-B, 31-D, 32-B, 33-A, , 34-D, 35-A, 36-B, 37-B, 38-B, 39-C, 40-A, 41-B, 42-D, 43-C, 44-A, 45-D ,46-C ,47-B, 48-D, 49-C, 50-C.