Following are latest general awareness questions for SBI Clerks, POs, IBPS exams and various other recruitment exams like RRB, etc.
1. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)?
A) T.S. Vijayan
B) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
C) Amritanshu Agrawal
D) Vijay Bhaskar
E) Vijay Agrawal
2. Who has been appointed by ICICI Bank’s board as an additional (independent) director of ICICI bank for five years?
A) Ashok Mittal
B) Raman Raghunathan
C) Preetima Singh
D) Raman Singh
E) Radhakrishnan Nair
3. The T.K. Ramanathan Award for the year 2017-18 has been conferred upon which player by the Tamil Nadu Tennis Association (TNTA)?
A) V.M. Sandeep
B) Prajnesh Gunneswaran
C) Bandaru Kundana
D) Dhakshineswar Suresh
E) Sandeep Jai
4. Who won the Man Booker International Prize for the novel ‘Flights’?
A) Agnieszka Holland
B) Andrzej Stasiuk
C) Olga Tokarczuk
D) Szczepan Twardoch
E) Jerzy Pilch
5. Which Indian Village Community Reserve was conferred with National Biodiversity Award, 2018?
A) Sagar B) Salari
C) Samtu Sanglan
D) Sangti Sapper camp
E) Singchung Bugun
6. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released guidelines prescribing 100 percent NSFR for banks aimed at maintaining adequate liquidity for more resilience. What is the abbreviation of NSFR?
A) National Stable Fund Ratio
B) Net Stable Funding Ratio
C) National Statistics Funding Ratio
D) Net Statistics Fundamental Ratio
E) Net Suitable Funding Ratio
7. Which bank to sell 8.26% stake in Universal Sompo General Insurance to Dabur Investment Corporation and Sompo Japan?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Corporation Bank
C) Laxmi Vilas Bank
D) Dhana Laxmi Bank
E) Karnataka Bank
8. Which Bank launches Agenda 25 u 25 for budding women entrepreneurs in India?
A) Corporation Bank B) Yes Bank
C) ICICI Bank D) Syndicate Bank
E) Axis Bank
9. Which country has signed $ 200 million loan deal with World Bank for National Nutrition Mission?
B) Pakistan C) India
D) Nepal E) Bhutan
10. Who is the author of the book “Across the Bench – Insight into the Indian Military Judicial System”?
A) Sachin Singh Rawat B) Gyan Bhushan
C) Bipin Rawat
D) Birender Singh Dhanoa
E) Sunil Lamba
11. Who is the Author of the Book ''Hidden India'' to promote protection of the elephants?
A) Sudha Murthy B) Kiran Desai
C) Latika Nath D) Latika Singh
E) Kishwar Desai
12. Name the well-known Gandhian, freedom fighter and writer who passed away recently?
A) Keyur Bhushan
B) Syed Mohammad Sharfuddin Quadri
C) Mohanlal Lallubhai Dantwala
D) S.P. Varma
E) Ramjee Singh
13. According to the data of the central government, how much amount GST collection in April 2018 was pegged at record breaking?
A) ~ 1.01 lakh B) ~ 1.10 lakh
C) ~ 1.50 lakh D) ~ 1.05 lakh
E) ~ 1.03 lakh
14. In its 27th GST Council Meeting, the government has decided to make GSTN a complete government owned entity.
Currently the central government holds .............. stake in GSTN.
A) 51% B) 49% C) 24.5% D) 40% E) 60%
15. According to the Asian Development Bank’s report, India’s economy is expected to grow at ................. percent in 2018.
A) 7.3% B) 7.5% C) 7.4% D) 7.6% E) 7.2%
16. The First organized census of Indus Dolphins begins in which state?
A) Punjab B) New Delhi C) Lucknow
D) Mumbai E) Hyderabad
17. Name the e-commerce firm which has taken-over Pakistan’s leading online retailer Daraz?
A) Tencent B) JD.com C) Amazon
D) Alibaba E) Walmart
18. Which of the following countries withdraws from race for U.N. Security Council seat?
A) France B) Saudi Arabia C) Israel
D) Germany E) Belgium
19. Which country signed two agreements with India on exemption of visas for holders of diplomatic and official passports in the field of agriculture?
A) Nicaragua B) Panama C) Colombia
D) Costa Rica E) Namibia
20. Which organization has published its 1st essential diagnostics list?
A) UNO B) UNICEF C) FAO
D) WHO E) ILO
21. Which of the following state has launched new weekly Antyodaya train?
A) Madhya Pradesh B) Chhattisgarh
C) Karnataka D) Haryana E) West Bengal
22. Pensioners would now be able to view their pension passbook on mobile phones with the help of ...................... app.
A) Google Tez B) Umang C) Paytm
D) Mobikwik E) Oxygen
24. Which of the following state has announced ~ 1 lakh incentive for SC/ ST students who clear the UPSC preliminary exam?
A) Andhra Pradesh B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Bihar D) West Bengal E) Tamilnadu
25. Which state has decided to provide free
internet connection to 20 lakh poor families?
A) Tamil Nadu B) Haryana C) Kerala
D) Maharashtra E) Arunachal Pradesh
26. Who will be the head of the Parliamentary panel to study the recovery of black money and performance of public sector banks for 2018-19?
A) Shashi Tharoor B) KJ Alphons
C) D. D. Verma D) Murali Manohar Joshi
E) Dr. Jitendra Singh
27. Who is nominated by Donald Trump to federal judgeship?
A) Anthony Kennedy B) Clarence Thomas
C) John Roberts D) Ban Chinal
E) Diane Gujarati
28. Who is the youngest Indian woman to scale Mt Everest?
A) Shivangi Pathak B) Suneetha Pathak
C) Pemba Sherpa D) Malavath Purna
E) Tashi Malik
29. Which of the following city hosted the sixday festival of Bharat?
A) Chandigarh B) Kolkata
C) New Delhi D) Bhubaneswar
30. Where did the First all-woman Post Office Passport Seva Kendra start operations?
A) Phagwara, Punjab
B) Azad Nagar, Delhi
C) Hallomajra, Chandigarh
D) Kharak, Haryana
E) Kabulshah, Punjab
31. Name the new communication satellite which is launched by China to provide transmission across Asia-Pacific region?
A) APSTAR - 6C B) APSTAR - 9
C) ChinaSat 6A D) ChinaSat 6B E) APSTAR - 7
32. Which of the following space agency has developed an atomic clock that will be used in navigation satellites to measure precise location data?
A) NASA B) ISRO C) Space X
D) JAXA E) DRDO
33. Which country hosted the 15th Meeting of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) Cultural Ministers?
A) Japan B) United States of America
C) China D) Singapore E) India
34. Where did 26th BASIC Ministerial meeting of Environment Ministers held?
A) Durban, South Africa
B) Cape town, South Africa
C) East London, South Africa
D) Rusten Burg, South Africa
E) Limpopo, South Africa
36. Which of the following day is observed as International Firefighters day?
A) May 2nd B) May 3rd C) May 4th
D) May 6th E) May 5th
37. What is the theme of International Labor Day 2018?
A) Celebrating the International Labor Movement
B) Achieving More in Economic and Social Rights
C) Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement
D) Tribute to Workers Sacrifice
E) Celebrating Workers for Social
38. Who is the new Australian cricket head coach?
A) Jason Gillespie B) Damien Martyn
C) Justin Langer D) Darren Lehmann
E) Allan Donald
39. Who breaks his own national record at IAAF Diamond League in Doha?
A) Vinesh Phogat B) Seema Punia
C) Neeraj Chopra D) Annu Rani
E) Vinay Kumar
40. Which of the following player is officially inked his deal with top English county Surrey in his bid to prepare for the tour of England?
A) Rohit Sharma B) Ravichandran Ashwin
C) Murali Vijay D) Virat Kohli E) Wriddhiman Saha
41. Which of the following former cricket player is launched 'Khel Mahakumbh' with BJP MP Anurag Thakur?
A) Sunil Gavaskar B) Rahul Dravid
C) Kapil Dev D) Sachin Tendulkar
E) Anil Kumble
Answers / Key: