As expected, VRO recruitment notification has been released by TSPSC on 2nd June 2018. No changes have been made to the selection process except including a few topics related to Telangana State in syllabus. Details of vacancies, syllabus and exam pattern have been described below.
Total vacancies are 700. Age of the candidates should be between 18-44 years including relaxations for reserved candidates. Selected candidates will get a pay scale of Rs. 16400 - 49870 with Revised Pay Scale of 2005.
Submission of online applications will start from 8th June 2018. Closing date for the same is 2nd July 2018. You can download hall tickets from tspsc.gov.in 7 days before the exam date. The objective type examination will be conducted (may be online or offline) on 16th September 2018.
Only one question paper with 150 questions and 150 marks will be provided in the exam. The paper includes 75 questions from General Knowledge and another 75 questions from Secretarial Abilities. Question paper will be set in English and Telugu.
Syllabus for VRO Recruitment 2018:
1) Current affairs: International, National, Regional
2) General Science: science in everyday life and Environmental Issues and Disaster Management.
3) Geography and Economy of India and Telangana.
4) Indian Constitution - Salient Features, Indian Political System , Government, Panchayat Raj and Rural Development
5) Modern Indian History with a focus on Indian National Movement.
6) History of Telangana and Telangana Movement.
7) Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
8) Policies of Telangana State.
9) Ethics, Sensitivity to Gender and weaker sections, social awareness.
1) Basic English (8th Standard)
2) Mental Ability. (verbal and non-verbal).
3) Logical Reasoning
4) Numerical abilities
5) Arithmetical abilities.
Preparation Strategy for VRO Exam of TSPSC:
For GK section, candidates need prepare current affairs thoroughly. Focus will be on Telangana related issues and schemes. There will be special mention of Panchayat Raj system and rural development. So questions will be asked from these areas also. For Secretarial abilities section, candidates need to practice more. Basic English and 10th Class level mathematics are enough for this section. Try to solve previous question papers of TSPSC for this section. All the best.